In a matter of hours, wind and water can erase your business. That's why you need a hurricane protection plan.
For starters, there are Web resources packed with sound advice. OSHA, FEMA, CDC, SBA, Red Cross, Homeland Security, and the Florida Division of Emergency Management each offer valuable and comprehensive guidance that has proven useful. Please review these sites and download and print their tips and plans.
- Use it to incorporate suggestions from these excellent sources into a single Word document. The Hurriplanner will insert your company name and other useful information.
- Save the document to your hard drive.
- Edit it to suit your business needs.
- Email the document to your staff and employees.
- Print copies to distribute as a storm approaches.
- In addition, you can use this safety and health checklist outlining how to prepare for and respond to some of the hazards frequently encountered during disaster response and recovery operations.
USF SafetyFlorida provides year-round free and confidential safety consultation to Florida's small businesses. We want to know how we can help you with safety issues related to hurricane preparation and cleanup. Please let us know. In the meantime, you can learn more about us at our website.
As the Program Director for the USF SafetyFlorida Consultation Program and a Florida resident, I am deeply committed to the safety of all businesses and organizations in Florida. We have professional safety and health consultants that can help you with your Hurriplan and other occupational safety and health needs. Please don't hesitate to call our toll-free number at 866-272-1105, or email me at email@example.com.
Charlene D. Sitterly, MS.Ed., CWCP